Schmalts survived the surgery

schmalts

Had the tennis elbow fixed Friday. In a full arm cast at this point. The surgeon said it was a mess in there and 1/3 of the tendons were detached already and the rest were mush. So, he just removed the rest off the bone and cut out all the mush. Sounds strange but that is all they can do for it. I will lose a little strength in that forearm but the pain should be gone if things heal well.
So my advice to all of you is this, if you start to get elbow pain don't ignore it and just think you will work through it, because you may do what i did and get permanent damage.

Moosie, i asked the doc to take pictures of the surgery but he said it is hard to see the detail of things.

DANG !! Pictures are always a Must on HuntTalk :D

So.. what caused it exactly ? Or was it just years of use ?

As long as you can Pull a bow, pull a trigger, type on the Keyboard and hump the ol' lady you're still as good as ever :D :D

I think i will be fine with archery because it was my left arm. I couldnt bow hunt in the west this year because it was too painfull to carry a bow in that arm all day so i opted to rifle and muzz instead (and drink beer) I hope to be shooting the bow in a month or less

Well bummer. There go your chances of making the 2008 table-tennis olympic team....

Get into some phys therapy and get strong again.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otto247
Back