Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Scenery Pics for Moosie

nmtaxi

I took my son scouting this weekend for his NM 2b deer hunt. Bad weather kept us from doing any hardcore scouting, but did get familiar with the area and saw a few deer. Hopefully the next few trips will produce more.
scene1.jpg

scene2.jpg

scene3.jpg

Looks like there are roads everywere and it's FLAT but Rocky.... :D

Love the Pictures, Althuogh the wether didn't look to bad ?

I was waiting for that weather comment. After posting the pics, I was thinking "man they're going to think I'm a wuss." So, here's the story. There are roads EVERYWHERE out there, and 95% of them dead end. And I was on all of them. After driving for 9 hours of driving on Friday (That's when I took most of the pics) trying to get to the spot we wanted to scout, we finally set up our tent at 11:00 pm. At 1:00 am I was woken up by the sound of a thunder storm. By 3:00 am, there was at least 2 inches of rain in the tent, so we spent the rest of the night in the truck. That morning, the roads were really bad, so we did some scouting right out of camp. We were finally able to leave our camping area around 11 in the morning, and did some midday scouting. About 5pm the clouds started rolling in again, so we got the hell out of there. We were able to get an idea of how many deer were in the area since all the tracks we saw were from that morning, and did run into a few does. We'll try to make it back a couple of more times before my sons hunt.

....Drive a little, Kill a Few Big Bucks, Drink some beer, Chase some Women..... Stuff like that :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back