Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

saved by the gun

bow hunter

so, last night my wife and i accompanied several friends to the "friends of the nra" dinner in carson valley, nv. we paid the total of $100 to get in the door, and then we spent $100 on raffle tickets and called it good. well, about 2 hours into the dinner they started the live auction. i was running my mouth as usual and not paying attention when i hear the auctioneer asking for $200 and i saw a gal carrying around a shotgun. so, i raised my hand and ended up winning the bid. i went to see what id won and discover i had won a .......rock. well, it was a nice rock. it was the freedom flame rock. it was a rock with a candle wick in the middle of it and had the second amendment enscribed in it. i was pretty bummed. then i found out it was a key item which means it put me in the drawing for the dinner gun which was the 2012 nra gun of the year. it is a benelli 12 guage 3" ultra light with all the fancy gold ensciption on it. anyways, my wife was livid. she wasnt even talking to me. she gave me a lecture about how ive wasted $200 on a rock that we didnt need to spend. so as i was wondering if there was an outlet to plug my alarm clock into by the couch where i thought id be sleeping for a while, they started the drawing for the dinner gun. believe it or not, i had the lucky number. after 25 years of going to banquets, it is the first time ive ever won anything, much less the prize of the night. so, after winning the gun,. i donated the rock back and they decided to raffle it off. low and behold, i won it again lol. instead they gave me a $100 gift card for a carhartt purchase. then they redrew and the gal that had been razzing me the most about the rock actually ended up with it. so there ya go. i bid $200 on what i thought was a shotgun and won a rock instead which in turn ended up winning me the actaul gun i thought i was bidding on. the wife said you just won your way back to the bedroom!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back