Yeti GOBOX Collection

Savannah Georgia Fishing?

OleRedbeard

I will be staying in Savannah for around 2 weeks the first of August and like many of the work trips I go on that take me out of state.. I usually try to fish or hunt a little while I'm in the area..
Does anybody have any suggestions on getting some fishing in while down that way? I should have most evenings and a weekend free. Thought about possibly taking a charter out on that Sat/Sun if it would be worthwhile to put some fish in the freezer.
Not really fished that area other than north of there while stationed at Camp Lejeune many moons ago.
Would it be worth my time to load up the fishing gear in the truck to have on hand while down that way?

Inshore fishing is really good, you’re just about a month too early. The Gulf Stream is a long boat ride, all day charter, most half day offshore trips will be trolling for King Mackeral or bottom fishing for Black Sea bass or small snapper. A shark trip will give you lots of action for minimal time and cost.

Dont waste your time on inshore fishing for black sea bass..... Spend the money to go to deep water. Even if it is a 4 hour boat ride....it will be worth it.

Dont waste your time on inshore fishing for black sea bass..... Spend the money to go to deep water. Even if it is a 4 hour boat ride....it will be worth it.
I will look into that..
do you guys know any decent charter to go with? I looked over a few but they all look the same to me as far as what is offered.
I'm just wanting to fill a cooler with something decent eating.

If you just want to fill a cooler with something decent to eat then go black bass fishing. They are good to eat.

If you want to go after something worth getting sea-sick over, got with one of these guides:

Above and Below Charters​

OR

Miss Judy

Be honest with your outfitter and let them know what you want to experience and then let them do what they need to do to get you on what your after. IF they tell you its a 4 hour boat ride to get what your after, say "Sounds good". I have heard great things about Miss Judy.

If you just want to fill a cooler with something decent to eat then go black bass fishing. They are good to eat.

If you want to go after something worth getting sea-sick over, got with one of these guides:

Above and Below Charters​

OR

Miss Judy

Be honest with your outfitter and let them know what you want to experience and then let them do what they need to do to get you on what your after. IF they tell you its a 4 hour boat ride to get what your after, say "Sounds good". I have heard great things about Miss Judy.
Thank you for the suggestions. I really appreciate it.
I will call them and ask them about it.

bring a couple of ultra lite spinners, curly tail jigs with lead head, pop R, etc. go to Tybee Island, rent a kayak at the marina when they open in the morning, buy some live or dead shrimp, take it down to the end of the island, park at the public parking area on Chatham Ave, go straight across the river to the oyster shell bank and fish it all the way to the ocean. put some fish in the cooler and have the restaurant cook the up for dinner. watch out for the nudist in hammocks across the river!!

I haven’t fished that far down but Off the Hook is up in Hilton Head and he is great to fish with. Best inshore trips I’ve ever had have been with him.

bring a couple of ultra lite spinners, curly tail jigs with lead head, pop R, etc. go to Tybee Island, rent a kayak at the marina when they open in the morning, buy some live or dead shrimp, take it down to the end of the island, park at the public parking area on Chatham Ave, go straight across the river to the oyster shell bank and fish it all the way to the ocean. put some fish in the cooler and have the restaurant cook the up for dinner. watch out for the nudist in hammocks across the river!!
sounds like a interesting day lol..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back