Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Savage 116 rifle

I had one in 300wsm.Accurate and dependable . Nothing fancy just a good shooter.Traded it in on a Browning abolt .

I have a few Savages. The older ones need a trigger upgrade.

Accurate guns though. And I like the tang safety.

Between my sons and I, we have several Savage rifles including the 116. I've always liked Savage rifles and their accuracy has always been very good. Some like the AccuTrigger and some don't, I really like the AccuTrigger myself. Some people think the Savages look cheap or ugly. Best deal is to go handle one, look it over, see first-hand how the trigger pull feels and go from there. I would recommend the Weather Warrior (116) as a good choice to anyone looking for an accurate and dependable hunting rifle.

I had the old style loved the gun hated the trigger. Now the new accu triggers are a whole new game. I really love them when they changed those triggers in the new guns it made one heck of a rifle. I have a 17HMR love it. For the price can't go wrong in my book.

I own a number of Savage rifles - for a factory rifle they shoot well. Since Savage has went almost exclusively to their cheap clip fed system I have been leery.

For those of you that are using the clip fed styles how are they working out? I'm just not a clip fed person and can't seem to warm up to them.

One awesome accurate rifle: 116 Bear Hunter 300WSM

Attachments

• DSCN5225.jpg
    DSCN5225.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 214
Back