Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Satelite or ariel images

cur dog

I'll be hunting and exploring a new area in Colorado this season. I'd like to purchase a good photo of the area we will be hunting. This will be left in camp and used for morning and evening strategy. In the past, I've used Terra server. I've got a great photo of the area I hunt in Wyoming. The problem is, It appears that I now need to buy a $49 subscription along with the cost of the new photo. What do you guys recommend?

Tough to beat Google Earth, Bing Maps, and Yahoo for their free satellite imagery. You need to have access to a large format plotter in order to make a print as large as you want, but it can be done using those three free options.

Another option not mentioned is to use the US Forestry Service website if you happen to be hunting on FS land:

This one lets you save a PDF of the map and then have someone print it for you. One good option is to have it printed on water proof paper for use in the field:

Another option is the USGS:

All of these will give you topo maps, which I know you said you wanted sat images, but I wanted to let you know these are also available. I personally use them because you can see elevation which is not possible in sat images...

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back