PEAX Equipment

Saskatchewan fishing suggestions

JEL

My 3 boys and I are looking at doing a fishing trip to Saskatchewan. Preference would be a place with a cabin and a boat. Northerns and walleye. Something we can drive to from North Central Montana. Anyone have any experience or suggestions? TIA

Look into G&S marina on last mountain lake if you don’t want to go really far north. They could probably hook you up. Tobin might be an option too. Obviously the sask guys will know better though.

Do you have a boat? I don’t think there is a ton of boat rentals in southern half of Sask. seems to be a more up north thing. Can’t go wrong with Last mountain lake, lake diefenbaker is huge so many options there, Tobin may be too far but it’s a classic as well

Lake Mirond was a great time, have been multiple times. About 8 hours north of the border.
I am told lodge ownership changed hands but friends said it was still good.

I know nothing about Saskatchewan, but Cypress Hills looks like a damn fun place to throw hoppers for trout.

It’s probably closer to 8 or 900 miles, but I Have a friend who goes to lake athapupskow near bakers narrow Manitobas right along the Saskatchewan border. They mostly pike fish but always catch a big walleye and some nice lakers too. As well as several pike in the 45-48” range every time they go.

Reactions: Hem
I have fished the Churchill River near Stanley Mission. I stayed at Jim’s Camp. Looks like they are still in business. Awesome walleye fishing, great water, even pictographs on some ledge walls.

Thanks for the responses. Looks like I need to consider driving a bit farther which is not a problem. This is something I have wanted to do for a long time. @Hem It will probably be next summer but I will dig this back up for sure.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back