Yeti GOBOX Collection

San Luis Res./Gilroy Hog/Deer

FloatDogg

Hello all,

I was thinking about heading out to san luis this weekend. I was wondering if anyone had any local tips on Hogs or Deer. Any info is greatly appreciated. If anyone is headed out that way let me know if I can tag along!

Since that is one of the few public lands that allow hunting close to the Bay Area, it gets absolutely pounded. Trucks are lined up at every parking area and turnout. I’d go in with low expectations and be prepared for a nice (hot) walk. I hope I am wrong and you have a great hunt.

Since that is one of the few public lands that allow hunting close to the Bay Area, it gets absolutely pounded. Trucks are lined up at every parking area and turnout. I’d go in with low expectations and be prepared for a nice (hot) walk. I hope I am wrong and you have a great hunt.
man I did hear it was a popular spot. You think even if I hike out a few miles it will still be super pressured?

The public land that is in the area gets super popular this time of year and the majority of the animals get pushed to private

The public land that is in the area gets super popular this time of year and the majority of the animals get pushed to private
What do you think about next archery season early july? Better Chances?

What do you think about next archery season early july? Better Chances?

It’s hard to tell, my buddies go pretty often and have had some success. I’ve been in the winter to pig hunt but hard to imagine being there in July when I could be trout fishing and scouting in the Sierra while beating the heat for a little bit

It’s hard to tell, my buddies go pretty often and have had some success. I’ve been in the winter to pig hunt but hard to imagine being there in July when I could be trout fishing and scouting in the Sierra while beating the heat for a little bit
Yeah its probabaly super hot. I fish the O'niell forebay ALOT for striped bass. That old school fish finder rig with an achovy does the job right. Pig hunting in the winter pretty good over there? I saw a youtube video of a guy nailing a nice hog with a bow.

Keep an eye on the weather, look for low 80's and under temps for highs.....that means the marine layer will hit, it will be cool and most importantly the grass will be damp in the morning. Wear some gaiters

Keep an eye on the weather, look for low 80's and under temps for highs.....that means the marine layer will hit, it will be cool and most importantly the grass will be damp in the morning. Wear some gaiters
thank you for the advice! I will most definitely keep an eye on the weather.

are the gaiters for snakes? or for the terrain? Sorry, I'm super new to all of this.

are the gaiters for snakes? or for the terrain? Sorry, I'm super new to all of this.

Waterproof gaiters to keep your pant legs, socks and boots dry. Heavy dew can leave you as soaked as if you waded across the creek several times.

Waterproof gaiters to keep your pant legs, socks and boots dry. Heavy dew can leave you as soaked as if you waded across the creek several times.
okay makes sense. I really want to get out and try my hand at hunting soon but I been so busy fishing the surf in half moon bay. If you got any other places you recommend let me know!

Nope, but I wouldn't worry about buzzworms, I've never seen one out there. Just a lone gopher snake once.
Man I just need to get out there and give it a go huh? I'm stopping by the bass pro in san jose later to grab some first aid stuff and the rest of the small stuff I need for my day pack. Any other locations pretty close to the bay area for hunting?

Man I just need to get out there and give it a go huh? I'm stopping by the bass pro in san jose later to grab some first aid stuff and the rest of the small stuff I need for my day pack. Any other locations pretty close to the bay area for hunting?
Lots of refuges for ducks in the winter

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back