Same spot.. year after year after year....

Moosie

Grand poopa
For anyone in the Boise area.... When you're driving downtown on the Connector look just past the Prizon on the right hand side. There is a "Goose a laying" there. She has been there for at least the last 4 years in a row. EXACT same spot. Every year I think thats odd.... I just thought that to be wierd that she picks that spot, and every year to boot.

Has anyoen else been watching her ?

Nope,

i haven't been seeing her, but every spring for the last three years there is a hen and drake nesting in the bushes of my wifes parking lot. I'm not sure they are the same pair year after year, but I've just assumned they were.

Same thing happens every year in front of the office where my wife works. Drake/hen mallard nest up in the shrubs and return every year. I guess it is sheltered from the elements but close enough to the water when it comes to leaving. Pretty neat stuff.

I haven't seen that goose but I work out at Gowen Field, we have had a hen hatch her babies in flower bed on the side of our building for three years straight. The Flowerbeds are up high on the building so every year we have to let the baby's down onto the ground because it is to far of a drop for them. The hen seems to understand she just quacks at us until all of them are down then she is off for another year. Pretty cool.

What's up with drakes and hens nesting together? Must be something new, I have never seen or heard of it. Geese yes, but not dabblers.

And just to be a smart-ass, drakes are boys. Sorry Ultrahunter, I am sure it was just a slip up, but I thought I would mention it just to be a dick. haha...;)

I was surveying raptor nests the other day and found a pair of Canadas using an old raptor nest about 20' in a tree. I will try to get some pictures later this spring.

Spring is in the air here.

I've noticed the same thing when I visit my hometown in eastern MT and go to the local watering hole. Same person, same stool, year after year. People are a lot like ducks.

Yeah mtmiller you are right I guess I should preview those posts before I send them out to the public for editing. |oo |oo |oo Greenhorn the only difference between the the ducks and the boozers in those hometown bars is that the ducks head south once a year the boozers never leave.

A couple years ago I posted a picture of a goose in a tree. Well this year we were shed hunting in that area and this is what happened. This is the same tree I'll find my old pic and post it. I guess I'll have to start putting the decoys in the trees again this fall.
goose.jpg

goose1.jpg

goose2.jpg

Craig, I've noticed the same thing going on with the old Osprey nests down by the Warm springs ponds, I should run down and get some pics, I haven't been there for the last couple months, but they should be starting to nest in them.

Seems it must be a time share thing, the geese are in them in the early spring,then the Osprey's move in after ward, I don't know if its because they'be eaten the geese, or it was just time to move on... :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back