Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Salomon Quest GTX 4D Boots

sdkhunter

I've got a pair of Danner Sierra's that I absolutely love, but tore up my set of backup books on my last elk hunt after my Danners got soaked when I got caught in a downpour so would like to add a new pair of boots before my elk and other hunts this fall...

Was reading the reviews on the Salomon Quest GTX 4D boots and they sound great but was just wondering if anyone has any personal experience with them? How does their 'waterproof' claim stand up - guessing good since they claim the boot has a sealed breathable membrane? Since I'm pretty much archery only, I'm probably more likely to be battling heat/hot weather, creek crossings, etc vs. cold weather so they look like they would be a great fit for me...

There are several guys that have the Salomons over on the Western hunting forum at archery talk. Might post up over there. I'm not a fan of Gore-tex in a boot.

I have the Salomon Quest boots and really like them. They are great for elk season but are occasionally a little too warm, but better than not warm enough. So fart they are holding up well, but I have had Salomon Gore Tex boots in the past that didn't stay waterproof for more than a year, so hoping these last longer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back