Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Salmon Idaho Deer and Elk

Nidart

Anyone have any experience with hunting elk/deer in Salmon, Idaho? Me and my cousin will be hunting the B tag for Salmon for elk as well as general dear in the same area but mostly looking for elk. Hunted for the last few years in western Idaho but this is our first time going East and my first time hunting elk. Anyone have tips such as areas to avoid because of no game or where a lot of hunters go and should be avoided?

Appreciate all the help!

In the same boat. Not the same area. But never hunted Idaho or even out west!

Have only hunted Idaho one time on a late November archery tag. Seen a lot of bucks but couldn’t seal the deal. Excited to go again next week even tho different area, with a rifle In my hands. Idaho is some REAL country!

How did this turn out? We are hunting further south near Stanley/Sun Valley and haven't seen much this season.

Great question: I just got my OTC elk tag for the salmon area yesterday. The online system is interesting, but it was effective if you plan right. You can log in 15 minutes early and be put in a queue and then wait till your turn comes. I hit the button exactly at 9:45 and was #2387 or something like that in line.

Anyway, I got my tag and now I have to learn the area or hire a guide. Maybe a drop camp. Any suggestions would be welcome.

A guy I work with just ended an elk hunt in the Salmon area. He said this season was difficult and he did not harvest an elk. Said they didn't even see that many.

I've seen a lot of deer in that area, but never hunted it.

For what it's worth...

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back