MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Sako Finnlight 6.5 Creedmoor

Big Sky Guy

Just ordered a Sako Finnlight in 6.5 creedmoor off eurooptic. Based on the internet they have been importing them to Canada (scopelist) for over a year now but have not imported that caliber into the US for whatever reason. I have wanted this gun in this caliber for almost 3 years now and keep hoping they’d release it. I didn’t want to pay even more money for the Finnlight 2 which does come in 6.5. I called two local gun stores and both of them said they cannot get the gun, the one even emailed the Beretta rep to confirm. I talked to Stew at EuroOptic and was very satisfied with his helpfulness so I inquired about how they were able to get this caliber and he stated that they are one of or maybe the largest US retailer for Sako and that he only had two of these in stock and one was a special order from April that was spoken for. While EuroOptics price is a little higher than the local gun stores I justified it because I wanted that caliber (I still resent Remington for not marketing the .260 better) but I don’t handload and it just doesn’t make sense for me to purchase a .260. Hope it shoots well for the price! I strongly considered the Browning xbolt pro stainless as they are about the same price but just like Sakos more so have kept waiting.

Last edited:
Sako .264's are twisted right, should be a snazzy rifle. A hundred bucks or two is a small price to pay in the life of a rifle to have it just how you like.

I love the little brother of your rifle ,my tikka in 260 Remington ,tack driver . Congrats on the new rifle .

Just ordered a Sako Finnlight in 6.5 creedmoor off eurooptic. Based on the internet they have been importing them to Canada (scopelist) for over a year now but have not imported that caliber into the US for whatever reason. I have wanted this gun in this caliber for almost 3 years now and keep hoping they’d release it. I didn’t want to pay even more money for the Finnlight 2 which does come in 6.5. I called two local gun stores and both of them said they cannot get the gun, the one even emailed the Beretta rep to confirm. I talked to Stew at EuroOptic and was very satisfied with his helpfulness so I inquired about how they were able to get this caliber and he stated that they are one of or maybe the largest US retailer for Sako and that he only had two of these in stock and one was a special order from April that was spoken for. While EuroOptics price is a little higher than the local gun stores I justified it because I wanted that caliber (I still resent Remington for not marketing the .260 better) but I don’t handload and it just doesn’t make sense for me to purchase a .260. Hope it shoots well for the price! I strongly considered the Browning xbolt pro stainless as they are about the same price but just like Sakos more so have kept waiting.

How you liking that Finnlight? I've been eye-groping the Grey Wolf and Finnlight 2 in 6.5 CM myself, but think I'm leaning toward the Finnlight 2. Have you had a chance to hunt with your Finnlight yet?

As far as the gun goes I love it. Not sure if I didn’t notice it or if it developed it but there is a SLIGHT creep in the trigger now both in set and unset mode. Not sure about that. Also haven’t found factory ammo that groups quite MOA with 5 shots. I can get 3 shots under an inch with Hornady American whitetail and superformance gmx. Going to try a few others this week to see if I can’t get it tighter. Won’t hunt with it until opener next weekend, possibly later if I take my trust ‘06 instead.

As far as the gun goes I love it. Not sure if I didn’t notice it or if it developed it but there is a SLIGHT creep in the trigger now both in set and unset mode. Not sure about that. Also haven’t found factory ammo that groups quite MOA with 5 shots. I can get 3 shots under an inch with Hornady American whitetail and superformance gmx. Going to try a few others this week to see if I can’t get it tighter. Won’t hunt with it until opener next weekend, possibly later if I take my trust ‘06 instead.
How long is it taking you to shoot the 5 shots?

Give American Eagle OTM 120gr a try. My Bergara in 6.5 shoots those under an inch pretty consistently. The Bergy also has a #5 barrel taper so it doesn’t heat up too fast. If the barrel on your Finnlight heats up fast, you may want to wait a minute between shots.

Your rifle is still fairly new. I’m betting the creep goes away, or at least decreases over time as the trigger continues to break in.

I’ve done 5 shots “fast” about a minute between and “slow” with the first two then waiting 5-10 minutes to cool before shooting each of the next 3. Both produced similar results.

Not going to hunt with an OTM bullet. I’m going to try some 140 grain loads as the 120 and 129 didn’t seem to do well. I’ll update with pics and results as there is some interest.

Really surprising set triggers aren’t popular here in the US. I love it and you can use it just like a regular trigger I’m unset mode for hunting, but when target shooting it’s pretty sweet.

I bought a Finnlight two years ago in 7mm-HT and couldn’t be happier. The finnlight is a tremendous rifle, and my go to gun for pretty much all my bug game hunting now. Excellent choice

I bought a Finnlight two years ago in 7mm-HT and couldn’t be happier. The finnlight is a tremendous rifle, and my go to gun for pretty much all my bug game hunting now. Excellent choice
I bought mine in 7mm-08, three years ago. I agree. It is a tremendous rifle and the only one I use for hunting. I did give it a paint job just to make it look different. I wish I would have bought this gun years earlier.
IMG_20190926_201316107.jpg

Finally got a consistent sub moa group. Hornady Precision Hunter for the win.

The other two unlabeled groups are Remington with 120 grain Barnes TSX and Fiocchi with 130 grain Scirroco II.

Attachments

• 5CA82D8E-559B-4339-91A9-48A49A00AF6D.jpeg
    5CA82D8E-559B-4339-91A9-48A49A00AF6D.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
  • A2E60734-E466-4890-AED3-3A0380226312.jpeg
    A2E60734-E466-4890-AED3-3A0380226312.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • 9677A411-035C-46B9-BA3E-239295939883.jpeg
    9677A411-035C-46B9-BA3E-239295939883.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • 43BCCAA1-B136-4061-A0B3-DDBB9D66E71F.jpeg
    43BCCAA1-B136-4061-A0B3-DDBB9D66E71F.jpeg