Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Saint Patrick’s Day Vittles

Nameless Range

What’s planned for ya?

I started off the day with a pitcher of mimosas with the wife, and some Irish Benedict. Basically Eggs Benedict, but the protein is corned beef hash.

6CA504D9-3303-413F-BDEA-AC29F03FCA82.jpeg

Heading to a party tonight and made some Reuben dip. Shredded corned beef, Swiss cheese, Cream cheese, sauerkraut, thousand Island, and hot sauce. Mix it up and put it in a crockpot. Beginning and end.

86D10B56-790D-431E-BC0F-6D4AEFAD2D11.jpeg
7F4CD55F-3228-40AE-94A3-F9D10A59E466.jpeg

More on the way: Guinness, corned beef pasties, some Irish sweets.

Anybody making anything festive for the day?

That's a gut buster of Irish grub & drink! Wow!

One of my younger epic St. Patty's Day experiences was in Butte. That town brings the Irish home!

Thanks for sharing. Guinness and Corned Beef is a well respected language. 🙂

3 Corned beef roasts in the oven right now. The cabbage and taters and carrots will be just enough for tonight, hoping 2 full roasts will be left for Ruebens Sunday for the race. After seeing @Nameless Range whipping up that dip I'm going to designate some beef for that as well! Good Lord, that looks good!

What’s planned for ya?

I started off the day with a pitcher of mimosas with the wife, and some Irish Benedict. Basically Eggs Benedict, but the protein is corned beef hash.

View attachment 268859

Heading to a party tonight and made some Reuben dip. Shredded corned beef, Swiss cheese, Cream cheese, sauerkraut, thousand Island, and hot sauce. Mix it up and put it in a crockpot. Beginning and end.

View attachment 268860
View attachment 268861

What's the secret to those awesome hashbrowns? Nevermind. I see you were in a restaurant. mtmuley

What’s planned for ya?

View attachment 268859

View attachment 268860
View attachment 268861

Any rough ingredient quantities for us at home wanting to make the dip?

Going to party later. I’m making bacon fried cabbage.

The host is making a few corned beefs, another couple is bringing potatoes, and we’re all bringing either Guinness, Jameson, and/or Irish cream.

What's the secret to those awesome hashbrowns? Nevermind. I see you were in a restaurant. mtmuley
Soak in warm water for 10 minutes then try to wring all the water and starch out and let them sit for a little bit in a colander. Get your pan to a good medium high heat (think pancakes) and put oil down just before your hash browns. You want to see the sizzle when you drop your browns.
In my opinion, you want to avoid flipping more than just once. You want them to look serving ready on the first side when you flip them. You may have to add another drop of oil when you flip to second side to get the good color and crisp. Good luck!! ☺️

Soak in warm water for 10 minutes then try to wring all the water and starch out and let them sit for a little bit in a colander. Get your pan to a good medium high heat (think pancakes) and put oil down just before your hash browns. You want to see the sizzle when you drop your browns.
In my opinion, you want to avoid flipping more than just once. You want them to look serving ready on the first side when you flip them. You may have to add another drop of oil when you flip to second side to get the good color and crisp. Good luck!! ☺️
The rinsing trick works great for French fries as well. It's legit! I got the idea from Kent Rollins.

Back