Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Sagebrush or Timber Country

TexanSam

Hey guys, this may be sort of a dumb question, but doing some E scouting getting ready for colorado's 3rd season, I just wanted some input from y'all.

With the later season dates, and the current weather situation, if y'all had to pick where to start your hunt, would y'all pick the sagebrush country or the timber country? And how do y'all make that decision? I know that snow will typically push them down, but lack the experience necessary to judge how much snow is enough to push them, and how other factors will come into play.

The unit I will be hunting in Southern Co goes from agricultural flats all the way up to the alpine country of the great divide, so I've got the whole elevation spectrum to play with.

for an average to good buck I'd be looking for the does with the dates this year, my money would be on the edges of the ag, find the biggest bunch of does you can and watch for big guys checking them out... as the season goes on I'd expect more bucks to start prowling around lower. That said, I don't think it's quite late enough for most of the really old bucks to be prowling low yet, I'll be looking high for a solitary buck, most likely super-low deer numbers but if you find one it will probably be big...

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rimfire45
Back