Yeti GOBOX Collection

Sad

Tell me about it worst duck hunting weather I've seen.
I think we are gonna do a cast and blast Saturday or Sunday. I saw some birds on a particular river the last 2 days, should be able to dump a few I think.

Rules that will keep you alive:

1. always have a paddle or pole in your hand when wading, probe depth and bottom before stepping forward.
2. have a sling on your shotgun. Sure makes it easier to retrieve if you go swimming.
3. strap your gun in the canoe..shit happens.
4.use the canoe or boat for retrieves over your hips. Better yet, have a dog.
5. My best piece of wisdom - pull your waste and chest straps tight on those waders! If you hunt swamps or rivers enough the odds are your gonna step in a beaver run, hit a drop, slip on a steep muddy bank or do something stupid like trying to run the tongue of a breached beaver damn. Best to keep that water outside the waders.
6. Have a towel and change of clothes in the truck.

Have fun. I've enjoyed working large flocks of migrating puddle ducks into small swamp and river holes more than any other hunts. The sight and sound of several hundred mallets coming over for a look, chopping them on the swing and calling the shot when feet are down...Oh My. Eureka!

Anymore I bring a full change of clothes in a dry bag in the raft or canoe, plus a full fire starting setup. They have definitely come in handy

I used to wade across the Bitterroot River in college; always coming within a couple inches of the top of my waders while on my tiptoes. I was often by myself, in the dark. So dumb. The duck hunts could be excellent, though!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back