Sad Poaching news

olefish_99

Sad Poaching news

The two men that poached the 2 big horn rams by Cody WY have only been charged with misdemeanor big game charges. There is an outcry of why? They are both long time poachers and one of them had lost his hunting rights for 9 years. Must be proven guilty you say, they were found with the head and cape of one of the rams in there truck along with the weapons that killed the rams within 5 hours of the ready report. The ready report was filed by a man and his son that I know and they also identified the truck as one of 2 they saw in the area. Why would the legal system blow it so bad before they even get to trial? I do not know but I hope we get a good reason from them. They go to trial in May. Olefish

olefish, I was reading about that in the local paper this morning and wondered the same thing. Go figure???

olefish,
I read that on the Casper trib site this morning also, It's a daggone shame that would be jacked around to a misdemeanor.
Remember a few years ago when they poached that big ram west of Big Piney right on the egde of FS campground ? I cannot begin to fathom the thrill in shooting a illegal sheep, goat, or a B&C class Mulie. But seeing the prices that decorators and artists are paying for horns, antlers and such some people get lured in by the dollar.
Don't know and probably won't find out what the case was here.

Guess it happens every where. Read in the paper yesterday that the remains of 39 antelope were found out from Amarillo. Some shot some run over with vehicles. We don't have many of those things and something like that is a shame. No suspects either.
BCR

------------------
A .45 BEATS 4 ACES EVERY TIME

If that happened in Arizona, I would start that damnedest letter writing campaign you ever saw. There would be questions asked without any accusations, that would embarrass the hell out of everyone involved. I would ask in a very nice way if this is only a misdemeanor, then what must they do to commit a felony? Or is it who must they not be related to? It's a damned crime when people that blantantly break the law get away with it.
mad.gif
mad.gif
cool.gif

------------------
Dan AZ www.huntandlodge.com

Dan It did happen in az. antelope up on sunset point, they were all shot and left to die. that heard had about 35 animals in it to. there was never anything in the paper about it or nothing. I heard about it from a guy up in 6a while bear hunting. this happend about 6-8 years ago. While I didnt hear it officialy I have seen but 1 antelope in at least 6 years up there.

Delw

I guess public castration would be too good for them......but this IS America......first time offenders of parking violations may get life,......lifetime drug lords may be givin a slap on the wrist, and a sucker at the drive through. .........man, what a country.........
DS

Although I've hunted in Wyoming, I don't live there, so don't know the laws. But, doesn't the problem really lie with the Legislature?? The politicians make the laws, so apparently, they have not seen fit to be very hard on poachers.

In fact, here in Idaho, poaching is on the rise, and the punishment for poachers, is not nearly harsh enough, in my book. I've called my state Senator and Legislator, and they don't seem too interested. I'm afraid many states' politicians are not concerned.

Vote the bastards out of office!

L.W.

The fines and the punishment for poaching need to be much more severe everywhere. Taking away their hunting priveledge is a start, but think about it. They are poachers and will not care if they cn not get a hunting lisence, they will still do it. Lock them up and lose the keys for a good many years. The fines they have to pay don't mean squat to them with the money they can make shooting big game.

------------------
Elk Hunting 101: Everything You Need To Know About Elk Hunting
www.jacksonholewyoming.net/elk

I think that Wy. has pretty stiff penalties available to the judge.However, at least in this case, they seem to have gotten off "scott free". I think the judgement would have been tougher if Judge Zebre of Kemmerer had been the presiding judge.-memtb

This is a terrible message to send to the public!!!! low end sheep hunts are 4,000 high end are in the 13,000 range !!! get caught poaching one and its a misdemeaner ????? hah its financially a better idea to poach one! thats complete BS!

danr, great idea!!!! pound them with a letters and correspondence and dont let the issue get swallowed up in court!!! any attorney will delay things as long as they can to let the details fade!!! sometimes promotions take place and the players change and then the case gets thrown out!! bad news!! these scum need to pay and pay dearly for their crimes!!

------------------
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back