Caribou Gear

S4 binocular harness

Hferrin701

I want the s4 bino harness but I'm concerned the thicker shoulder straps will be uncomfortable while wearing a backpack at the same time. Do they interfere? Do u guys like the harness?

I would be concerned with how well it would work when crawling/stalking through the short stuff. I went with something that fully covers my binos but at the same time makes them quickly accessible.

I'm with Bulldog, bino harnesses are great, but I'd look at more of a full covering pouch than the S4. I like my Oregon Pack Works BinoBro, though I think that FHF Gear's is the best I've seen.

I've carried the S4 for the last 2 years. The wide straps are not an issue, it's very comfortable and easy on/off. Not crazy about them though, I am looking at switching to the FHF this year.

I have the S4 also and I am pleased with them as far as fit and comfort. But I'm the type of guy that always wonders if there's something better and have read good reviews on the FhF's and would like to try them also. Not that I don't like the S4 but like the thought of having total containment.

My other real concern is the way my regular harness rides up my neck. I would like full containment like you guys mention but also a harness that stays down on your back. I was looking at the kuiu harness also. Any thoughts?

Wore the S4 for a couple years and never noticed an issue with how it fits with my backpack. I did end up with pine needles, dirt, etc. on the objective lenses of my binoculars because the top flap wasn't wide enough to keep them covered up all the way.

I still have the issue but to a much lesser extent with my FhF's, there is a very small gap sometimes the way the flap folds over the pouch.

Looking at the KUIU it looks like there is an overlap on the front AND sides when you close the flap that would solve this issue. I haven't seen a KUIU in person yet to verify this though.

Otherwise I prefer my FhF over anything else I've seen.

I've used the Badlands for about 5 years now. Judging from all the mud and gunk on the case and how clean my binos are, I'd say they did a great job keeping mud and crud off my expensive glass. I've belly crawled through all sorts of nasty, wet, gunky stuff and never had a problem.

Not sure on the S4 but I like having my binos completely covered when not in use. Nice for throwing them in the truck, travel bags, etc too. I even have my rangefinder strapped to my badlands in a little badlands rangefinder case so my optics are always together and protected.

The S4 holds the binos well but don't keep dust/moisture out or off of your binos. Check out the new badlands bino case. Price has been reduced. Only way to go IMO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back