S.D. mule deer vs. white tail

jswilliams

I live in Washington and have never been much of a whitetail fan but I have an oppurtunity to hunt a buddies place in S.D. this year that only has whitetails on it. Should I take this hunt or put in for a west side S.D. mule deer that might take a few years to draw. I dont know much about S.D. but I have seen some really nice deer come out of there. What are your thoughts.

My former coworker was from Bonesteel, SD and his family shot some monster whitetails

You may be able to put in for both. I have points for both the Black Hills and West River.

That said, I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to hunt a species that you haven't!

I have hunted whitetails before but only saw small ones. My thought was that if I could go somewhere and see big whitetails it might change my mind a little bit about them.

JS - where is your buddy's place at? I assume it is west river since as a NR you are only allowed to apply and hunt west river for bucks. What unit is his ranch in? I live and hunt here in SD and could help you out a little but need more info.

Yes, If you are still on the fence pm me his contact info and I will hang some trail cams for you to get you off the fence!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cwdrx
Back