Yeti GOBOX Collection

S.C. Freezer filler (full)

FLS

I am fortunate to be able to deer hunt a few feet from my back door.
We finally had a cool evening where the breeze had the mosquitoes at bay, so I figured I’d see it f any bucks were harassing the does I have seeing in the cut cornfield behind my house. I had 7 does and yearlings feeding and watched them till dark. No sign of a buck, no nervous behavior, no looking back into the woods so I picked the out two biggest to put in the freezer.
I was shooting my 6.5 Creedmoor loaded with 130 Gamechangers. Both were bangs flops at 310 and 320 yds. Complete penetration with good expansion.
Drove truck to deer loaded them up then went inside for supper. Living out in the sticks has its advantages sometimes.

Attachments

• C74C54D7-68F3-4937-B663-C5EB8A331732.jpeg
    C74C54D7-68F3-4937-B663-C5EB8A331732.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 26
Know exactly where you are. Driven through that area many times. Got a good friend that catches a lot pigs down your way. Good luck with the rest of your season.

We used to have a bad pig problem. We shot , trapped and caught them with dogs year round for a few years and it’s pretty rare to see one on my property any more. Now we have bears instead. I don’t which is more of a pain.

Time to finish this up. I was about to pull into my drive Monday, but I usually stop to glass for deer in the fields in front of and beside my house. Glad I did because there was a buck harassing the does in the picked cornfield across from the house. I hustled into the house grabbed my rifle and slipped across using a barn to block me from the deers view. I slipped around behind the barn and used an old tobacco trailer as a rest.
I whistled at the buck to get him to stop. Shot him where his neck joins his shoulders and down he went. 6.5 Creedmoor Sierra 130 Gamechanger at 180 yds. A Fat six point, 163 lbs, that will finish filling my freezer. Gonna hunt some local WMAs I haven’t hunted in several years with my bow till season ends Jan 1st.
I’ve got a couple more tags, but unless it’s a stud I’m probably done for the season. Sorry for crappy pics but it’s been quick hunts before or after work for the past few weeks, and I just didn’t take the time to set up the hero shots.

Attachments

• F18E3ED2-D2D2-458C-B57A-1499870DC9D1.jpeg
    F18E3ED2-D2D2-458C-B57A-1499870DC9D1.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back