Caribou Gear Tarp

Ryan from Da UP Eh'

razorrt5

Hi all,

I live way up in the UP on the keweenaw peninsula... Newer to the big game hunting stuff.... traditionally I'm a very big waterfowl hunter but decided to change it up and instead of doing 2 waterfowl trips a fall I'll start a rotation of a big game trip and waterfowl trip each fall, I'm blessed to be able to work at home and have a wife who tolerates my fall plans each year (although I do try to remind her that I wasn't all that big of a hunter until she wanted to move to Minnesota to be closed to family and I found all this public land just staring at me asking to be hunted). I'm huge on constantly trying to learn new stuff so all my trips are 100% DIY, can't thank Randy, his team and Corey Jacobson for all the good info they put out there for people like myself to make a vision into a reality. I'm looking forward to learning from everyone's experience and sharing in the triumphs. I probably can't contribute too much to the knowledge base of big game hunting here but if anyone has waterfowl questions, trip plans etc... I've done my share of that in a lot of places and could help a guy out there

side note, been a big fan of Randy and his team for years. The freshtrack+ membership was probably the easiest purchase decision I've had in a long time lol.

Welcome from across the lake. I’m moving in a different direction with my hunting plans. I’m less interested in big game but planning on starting to do some waterfowl hunting this fall.

Welcome from across the lake. I’m moving in a different direction with my hunting plans. I’m less interested in big game but planning on starting to do some waterfowl hunting this fall.
Well reach out if you’d like some advice! You say across the lake… like Thunder Bay?

Welcome. Killed a few brain cells up in Marquette, Michigan years ago. Lake water was cold even swimming during the summertime .

Grand Marais Minnesota
Nice! ever get to waterfowl hunt the BWCA? whenever my buddy and I do our early spring walleye trip there I always wonder what the fall migration might be like in there (and the grouse hunting!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back