Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

RV shows, Covid, & Help wanted are a bad combo

Addicting

Manufacturing everywhere in every industry is suffering. Container ships not getting unloaded, steel not being produced enough, and better wages on unemployment to stay home amongst a lot of other things has created a nightmare for pricing and lead times in industry.

Our story starts in Nov of 2020 and we were looking for a camper like everyone else. By January 2021 we had narrowed it down on the model. Which happened to coincide with may of the RV shows. We ended up ordering a OutdoorsRV model from Bish’s RV. The ordering process was open till April and with our deposit our place in line was sealed. We were going to be the new owners of a 2021 camper in time for hunting season. It was scheduled to be built the first week of Aug. All of this was done they the special show pricing which was better than anywhere else by far.

With all of the above reasons and more it kept getting delayed. It finally got built the last week of September. But, it was not finalized until after Oct 1. This is a important as the model years changed for the factory, making out camper a 2022 model.

Thru no ones fault the contract was priced at 2021 prices. However, 2022 pricing was significantly higher with all the issues going on.

After some not so fun debates with the dealership, the conclusion was they would honor the contract they signed for the 2021 model.

I have to give a very positive referral to Bish’s RV. They are loosing money on this sale, and they have to pay the salesman his commission. In a day and age in business where it’s more about survival than necessarily your word, it’s nice to see them standing behind their promise to their customers.

If your considering a new camper, please give Bish’s (especially the Omaha store) a call, you will get treated right.

I think most companies are putting price increase clause in their contract now. We just are completing a new aggregate plant and the electrical went up $100,000 over the original quote.

When the feds print off more money prices will go up..... Nothing is free in the long run. I just got shocked with the hefty price increases of optics in the last couple weeks. Hell I can't hardly get anything and what I can get is at least 10% more in price.

The exact same thing is happening to boats. I'm on a jetboat forum and many people were complaining earlier in the summer about their 2021 boats not being built. A couple of factories shut down in August to retool for the 2022 models so the orders were going to be 2022 models. Some of the people were talking about negotiating with the dealers to try to keep their 2021 prices.

I think most companies are putting price increase clause in their contract now. We just are completing a new aggregate plant and the electrical went up $100,000 over the original quote.
We have added escalation clauses to our agreement rider...unavoidable.

Back