Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Rut?

naturebob

I am headed back to eastern Montana next week for 6 days and was wonderin if the rut is kickin in yet. Looks like cold and snow this weekend. Hope that gets em in full swing. Any body know ? Thanks .....BOB!

The deer seem to be pretty active, despite the warm temps. The weather's going to take a dive and things should really be going! You will be a little early for peak whitetail and mule deer will be later, but hunting should be good :)

I snuck out last night for a little bit... Saw lots of deer, including some decent bucks. The bucks are with the does but not chasing them at all. Shaved some chest hair off a nice 25" Muley last night. Saw him later in easy rifle range and he was fighting with another buck, so he is apparently no worse for wear. The fighting got me thinking that the rut is kicking in though. Thinking I might hit the range for some practice and give him another go next week. I got an arrow with his name on it.

From what I have seen and heard things are just starting to get active. The weather is getting nice and cold and a few of my buddies have seen a few bucks chasing does. I would think things are going to just start getting good towards the middle of your trip! Good luck!

Thats good newa. At 56 and hunting in new areas And hunting solo, I need all the help I can get. Bring on the rut! I should be good as I will find lotsa does , I get up high and glass withh 15's on a tri-pod.. Just gotta get to em before they move on. Hopefully I can bed em. Thanks....BOB!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back