Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Rut heating up in MT

Idaho heated up this passed weekend, but I think it's a short lived heat up. We had a snap of cooler weather and I think it triggered some action. Back in the high 70s this week and I think it will taper off a bit for a few days then go full on!
Good luck.

Idaho heated up this passed weekend, but I think it's a short lived heat up. We had a snap of cooler weather and I think it triggered some action. Back in the high 70s this week and I think it will taper off a bit for a few days then go full on!
Good luck.

I'm ok if it tapers off for about a week or so . . . 😉 :ROFLMAO:

Can’t wait!!! Flying out Thursday!!!! Will be west of Augusta MT. Hopefully I can see something close to that!!!!
Thanks for the motivational video!!!

Reactions: LCH
Can't wait! Driving out from Tennessee on Friday 9/13 and headed to the Castle Mountains. Its my first elk hunt and hoping to hear some bugling and experience the rut!

Can’t wait!!! Flying out Thursday!!!! Will be west of Augusta MT. Hopefully I can see something close to that!!!!
Thanks for the motivational video!!!
You'll at least see some grizz over there! Good luck and keep a clear eye.

Used to be an old boar in the area, lot of black bears have moved in lately, think he may have died. Too bad, u could always count on seeing Kong in that drainage

That certainly gets the blood racing. 4 days until the big tin bird gets me state side.
The temperature seems to be dropping considerably in the next couple of weeks. Does this hinder or help the rut??

That certainly gets the blood racing. 4 days until the big tin bird gets me state side.
The temperature seems to be dropping considerably in the next couple of weeks. Does this hinder or help the rut??
Temperature drops are nearly always a good thing..

If by saying "the rut" you mean when bulls are breeding cows it pretty much happens the same time every year regardless of temperature, moon phase or the color of your camo. Mother nature has things figured out.

Can't wait, hard to focus on anything else. Heading out next week to hunt in the Gravelly Range.

Nice bull, SW Montana was good this past week, heard bulls everyday except yesterday, called in a decent bull into 15 yards only to have him spot me while his vitals were behind a tree. Now have to work for four days and be back out on Monday.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back