Round nose bullets

DaveinWV

I loaded some Sierra 150gr .308 RN bullets for the Ruger Hawkeye RSI I bought last month. They are accurate in my rifle. I wish I had bought Hornady .308 165gr RN bullets when they were still made. My hunting shots are almost always under 100 yards.
Anyone else like RN bullets?

I got a Ruger 77 in 7x57 when they first came out. Couldn't get anything to shoot good at all in it. Last try before giving up was 154gr Hornady RN bullet's. Boy did they shoot well, well enough I ended up keeping the rifle!

180 Winchesters out of my Rem 600 put so many meals on the table my wife (Ex) started B!tch!ng about the non-variety on our dinner table

I wish the 154gr RN bullets were still available. I have a Mannlicher MC 7x57 carbine and it is picky. It does shoot 140gr Rem CL bullets well.

For brush hunting a round nose and low velocity is almost a requirement. For low velocity heavy bullets it really helps with mushrooming. A round nose is the way to go if you’re aren’t shooting high velocity and/or long range.

I am switching to all copper, but I am sitting on a stockpile of Hornady 160gr RN for my 6.5x55. They love the fast twist.
They make the Swede think it is a 30-06 in close. Awesome in the thick stuff for deer and elk.

Sadly. Hornady no longer makes the 250gr RN in .358, instant death up close in the 35 Whelen. The 200 grain work, but I think RN should be heavy and slow for the caliber.
I put a 250 RN in slot number one of the magazine and Speer 250 HotCor underneath.

I was using Woodleigh Bullets RN for while, but they are like buying a house now if you can find them.

My dad would only shoot RN in his '06. 180 gr Remington CL for deer and 220 gr Rem CL for elk. Killed 50 some elk with that combination. Think that I had to use them when I started hunting elk because, "this is what you use for elk".

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back