Caribou Gear Tarp

RMEF Outdoor in Las Vegas

Andyhunter13

Is anyone planning on attending the RMEF Outdoor in a couple of weeks in Las Vegas? I will be there on 12/15 and 12/16 and will be looking for a place to elk hunt next year. I'll be looking for guided hunt, but if anyone might be interested in a drop camp I would enjoy a conversation.
If there is anyone, maybe we can meet for a beer and talk about it?

Well, I went to the show and was pretty disappointed... the show was crowded because the National Finals Rodeo, but there were not many outfitters at the show, in fact there were only 3.....

Thank you for attending the show, we are sorry you were disappointed. Please know, the purpose and intent of this expo is to generate new members for RMEF and ultimately revenue to support our mission. You are correct, the expo is busy because of the NFR, that is the very reason we are there.

Specific to outfitters, there were actually 20 outfitters and guides exhibiting this year. Feedback from the outfitters and guides that were there is very positive. In fact, several of the outfitters conveyed they sold out of hunts and that this is the best revenue show of the year for them.

Again, we are sorry you were disappointed with the show. The NFR is the largest western/rural lifestyle gathering in the United States with over 400,000 in Las Vegas during this 10 day period. RMEF has been received very favorable by this consumer and our membership and annual revenue have grown as a result. We are there with our expo to highlight the hunting and conservation culture to a demographic that embraces it. We are thankful for each and every exhibitor that shares our goals.

Things were a lot better back in 2013 when Elk Camp was in February and had the expo and Calling Championship. I know you make more money and get more exposure by breaking it up into 3 events, but come on. It still costs the same to go to Camp with nothing there. Dropped 2 grand on the PBR package and have never been treated so poorly in Vegas. Filled out the questionnaire and never heard a peep. I will always be a member because I believe in the mission, just wish Elk Camp would return.

The expo is actually called Cowboy Christmas (wonder why). Vegas does have a sportsman's show: SCI's Ultimate Sportsmen's Market returns to Las Vegas January 31 - February 3, 2018. The world's largest international hunting show, SCI's Annual Hunters' Convention, will be held at the Las Vegas Convention Center. This may be more to your liking. If I remember right, RMEF was there this year and I believe Randy actually attended.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back