Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

RMEF elk camp review

A-con

I drove up to Reno for the RMEF annual exposition.

I meet several “Hunt Talk” members and several OYOA sponsors.

Over all, the number of exhibitors was down from previous years, but it was still an entertaining show.
I went to seminars elk calling, archery hunting and drawing tags.

I got to meet and chat with “Nvlongbow“, a nice guy and new Hunt Talk member. We planned on dinner, but logistics got in the way.. I also got to meet “ELKWHSPR, at the Leupold booth. We talked about BDC reticles, and looked at some cool new stuff. I’ve never been a fan of “Dot” scopes for hunting, I just can’t trust my hunt to a battery, but they have a 1X Dot scope that also has an etched glass reticle that would be the bomb on a Utah muzzleloader hunt.
I worked my way up and down the isles, and found several OYOA sponsors, and made sure to introduce myself and thank them for supporting OYOA. Montana decoy, Kenetrek boots, Federal Premium ammo, Leupold and Mystery ranch.
At the Mystery ranch booth, I meet Mark Seacat, and we talked about elk hunting and packs. Man those packs are impressive. Mark adjusted a nice frame for me, very comfortable and capable of hauling any weight you can carry and then some. All I can say is Mr. Seacat and Mystery ranch are the real deal.
A few other highlights were looking through the new HD Leica and Swarovskis binoculars, and talking with Jason and Garth Carter of Huntin fool.
Even though the show was smaller this year, there was more then enough to keep me entertained for a day of drooling over high tech gadgets and monster bulls.:D

I drove up to Reno for the RMEF annual exposition.

I meet several “Hunt Talk” members and several OYOA sponsors.

I got to meet and chat with “Nvlongbow“, a nice guy and new Hunt Talk member. We planned on dinner, but logistics got in the way.. I also got to meet “ELKWHSPR, at the Leupold booth.

I worked my way up and down the isles, and found several OYOA sponsors, and made sure to introduce myself and thank them for supporting OYOA. Montana decoy, Kenetrek boots, Federal Premium ammo, Leupold and Mystery ranch.

At the Mystery ranch booth, I meet Mark Seacat, and we talked about elk hunting and packs. Man those packs are impressive. Mark adjusted a nice frame for me, very comfortable and capable of hauling any weight you can carry and then some. All I can say is Mr. Seacat and Mystery ranch are the real deal.
A few other highlights were looking through the new HD Leica and Swarovskis binoculars, and talking with Jason and Garth Carter of Huntin fool.
Even though the show was smaller this year, there was more then enough to keep me entertained for a day of drooling over high tech gadgets and monster bulls.:D

Send me an invoice A-con. That is very kind of you to do that. They put as much emphasis on those kind of "walk up" impressions as they do anything. In fact, even more credibility is given to those type of referrals.

Thanks a ton.

Wish I could have been there, but this other life of being a CPA seems to be conflicting with things at this point. Imagine that.

I did a screen capture of the Mens Bugling finals. It was posted live on the Internet.

The vid hosed up so it misses the 1st cpl of Cory's cow calls but the others are there. Not the greatest since it's a capture but it will at least let you see and hear them call.

http://www.vimeo.com/user3024489/videos

A-con,

Waht did you think about the EL Swarovisions?

Some people claim they can’t tell the difference between regular glass, and the HD (fluoride/extra low dispersion ?) stuff, but I can.
They are noticeably brighter with better color.
When I first looked through the new ELs, I thought they were the best binoculars I had ever looked through. Then I made my way down the isle and checked out the new Leica HDs.
Optically speaking, I like the Leicas better, always have. But the new Swarovski are great, and beat the Leicas hands down on ergonomics, always have.

This is NOT a huge jump forward, if you already own a top end pair of binoculars, it probably isn’t worth it to up grade, but if you really want the best of the best, HD is the way to go.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back