Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

RMEF banquets

Corn king 60

It was a good day last Sunday. Attending my fifth banquet this year got very lucky and won two more safe queens 👸. First won a Remington 243 heavy barrel. Then got really lucky and was drawn for the progressive drawing browning x bolt in 300prc or matthews bow . I took the rifle. This win also enters me into a national drawing for a five day elk hunt and a 2500$gift card for bass pro- cabelas. i struck out on tags (pa elk not drawn yet ) but at least I’m prepared if I ever do draw a tag. 😂

Attachments

• 869BFFA5-5E82-46E3-9F5E-5F019815C0D9.jpeg
    869BFFA5-5E82-46E3-9F5E-5F019815C0D9.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 32
I won squat and paid a bunch. Had a great time a few weeks ago and then went for drinks with the hosts after.
Great group and good work.

I won squat and paid a bunch. Had a great time a few weeks ago and then went for drinks with the hosts after.
Great group and good work.
I feel your pain that’s usually me. I go to multiple banquets a year. Usually my wife and me but sometimes a group . We enjoy them and a fun time And good cause IMO. Until this year I have never won a gun and now I’ve won 3 in the last two banquets 🤷‍♂️

That is fantastic! I don't drop the heavy $ that many do (for a great cause) at our great RMEF Banquets though over the course of how many years w/ RMEF I've yet to win. Usually I drop $20 for the table prize, $100 for the off the wall drawings, and another $1-200 for the Schwab and other fun $20+ counters.

It's pretty awesome all the great companies that support, what I believe, one of the best conservation organizations out there.

Foods pretty darn good, they mix drinks proper (as I can manage one... on occasion) and flat out great camaraderie!

Grats on you wins! That is drooling awesome!

SIDE NOTE: I've been the fortunate winner of an 870 shotgun by Dubois Outfitter Assn (WY) back around 2002-3 and a couple odds and ends at DU Banquets.- They're a hoot too!

What model is that Remington? The pic looks more like some sort of savage with that trigger and bolt.

Never knew that Remington offered a rifle like that. I never really looked a that model though, I am pretty stuck on 700’s. Congrats

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back