RIP Tony Rice

dcopas78

Just saw that Tony Rice had passed away. Growing up listening to bluegrass, I became a big fan of his over the years. I believe he is unrivaled as a bluegrass picker. I actually met him when I was in college. I took some Appalachian studies class and guitar classes as electives. John Simon, my teacher, had became friends with him over the years. John was a very respectable picker himself. I nearly died when I walked in to class one day and saw Tony there. He was as real and genuine of a person I ever met. RIP Tony

Never met Tony, but I met Mark O’Connor when I was young. Amazing talent.

Just saw that Tony Rice had passed away. Growing up listening to bluegrass, I became a big fan of his over the years. I believe he is unrivaled as a bluegrass picker. I actually met him when I was in college. I took some Appalachian studies class and guitar classes as electives. John Simon, my teacher, had became friends with him over the years. John was a very respectable picker himself. I nearly died when I walked in to class one day and saw Tony there. He was as real and genuine of a person I ever met. RIP Tony

Legit greats right there.......RIP Mr. Rice

Thanks for posting this. Tony is probably my all time favorite musician and I was shocked to hear he had passed suddenly. I got to see him live with the Tony Rice Unit once in Rock Hill, SC.

Here’s a couple of my favorite Rice tunes. RIP Tony and thanks for all the great music.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back