Riggin for Beawr Part II

Ike

I took the Wolf Pack out twice over this past weekend riggin for bears. Ike, Choco, Griz and Kody were up on top and Sam and Maverick down below. A small herd of elk crossed the road in front of me and Maverick (my plott pup) blew up riggin in the box, so I put him and several others down.

The older dogs cast around wondering what I wanted while that young Maverick dog knew just what he wanted--elk! He went over and started the fresh elk tracks and was once again introduced to what tri-tronics sells as the Ultra-trash breaker system.

Gathered them up and rigged on up the road. It wasn't far and the whole box blew up, so I put my two red dogs down first followed by Griz and Kody. Those four dogs ran up the road on a hard run so I put Sam and Maverick in behind them.

The dogs had a bear and had struck him probably two or three hundred yards below the track on the morning breeze. The race wasn't long or eventful and the hounds fell on the wood before long. Those six hounds had the canyon ringing with the music each of us have come to know and love as they barked treed...........

I gathered my camera pack and gear and headed into the hounds at a quick pace. Sure enough, they had a really nice boar in the tree and we enjoyed that time together. I look back on my own experiences in the beginning and am amazed at how far those hounds and I have come together....wow!

Another great day in the woods with hounds..........

Keep'em treed,
ikehump

Attachments

• riggin dogs.jpg
    riggin dogs.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 185
  • riggin dogs2.jpg
    riggin dogs2.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 180
  • riggin dogs3.jpg
    riggin dogs3.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 176
  • rigginlll.jpg
    rigginlll.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 191
Great picks Ike but ROTFLMAO....You're asking Moosie about how to correct typos????? Good gawd man that like asking Barry Bonds to take it easy on the HGH! :D :D :D It just ain't gonna happen! ;)

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back