Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Rifles

I got so fired up about the A-Bolt sale at Bass Pro, I went down and bought one. Putting a Leupold VX3 4.5-14X40 CDS on it.

Thanks everyone for the help. I actually went down this morning and put the Savage combo on layaway. Bolt action 270 with a Nikon BDC scope for $499!!! It seems like a solid rifle.

Thanks everyone for the help. I actually went down this morning and put the Savage combo on layaway. Bolt action 270 with a Nikon BDC scope for $499!!! It seems like a solid rifle.

Good combo..that's the one I got my daughter, it was the trophy hunter xp package I got her. Pretty good deal...you'll love, and so will your wife.

I know I am late to the party, but I thought I would jump in anyway. My 270 is a Howa. I really like this rifle. It has good groupings with my handloads at 200 yards (sorry farthest distance I have to shoot around here). The Houge rubber stock really soaks up a lot of the recoil. You wont be disappointed with the Savage either. I have one in a 223 and 243. One thing I learned is with the magazines. IF the one your getting has a removable box magazine, the Savage Axis mags should work. I was looking for extra mags for my 223, and the 11/111 mags were $49.99 each. Well I was in a retailer and found the Axis mag for 29.99. I asked if it was returnable if it didn't work and they said yes. I took it home and it snap into place and fed the rifle.

My wife has taken 2 bulls with her Remington 700 in 7mm-08, The only complaint with the rifle is that it is very easy to jam up, especially with adrenaline and cold fingers.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Failure2Adapt
Back