Rifle Stocks

Foxtrot1

I am working on stockpiling parts for a custom rifle project. I am looking for a semi inletted stock similar to an oberdorf Mauser type B. Having a hard time finding that pattern. Anyone have any ideas on who might have or make a stock in this pattern?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 538
Those are some dandy looking Mausers! I really like the wood in the top on as is. Please keep use updated on how these projects progress.

Thanks for the lead, I'll give Ahlman's a call. Those 3 rifles are pretty much my model that I am trying to reverse engineer. I just picked up this old husqvarna that has a commercial FN action that is going to be the donor action for my project. Hope to salvage the sights and barrel band too. I am gonna rebarrel it to 7x57, upgrade the bottom metal, install a 3 position safety and restock. I have always loved the old original sporters that mauser produced but the collector value makes it tough to buy one to use. And I've always wanted to build a rifle so this project will take care of both.

Attachments

• husqvarna.jpg
    husqvarna.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 401
Look on ebay too. There are some decent blanks on there from time to time. Richard's Microfit might be an option, but you need to call them.If you can do some of the shaping yourself, it will open up a lot of options.

Call Walnut Grove Gunstocks in Idaho: (208) 907-9000 They have lots of wood, and several variants of the Oberndorf pattern.

Another good choice is Show-Me Gunstocks (660) 438-4568. Not sure if they have the pattern you want, though.

I have used both of these and they were good. Richards Microfit is hit or miss. I no longer buy from them after they goofed the last two I ordered.

Jeremy

Here are a few samples of stalking rifle stocks made by a gentleman in MN. His inletting is spot on and if he doesn't have what you want, just send him a sample stock and he'll do an exact copy.

Attachments

• Stalking rifle stocks.JPG
    Stalking rifle stocks.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 272
  • Stock.JPG
    Stock.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 275
  • Ten Rings Stock.JPG
    Ten Rings Stock.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 276
Thanks guys for all the leads. I've talked to several of them. I've been able to find patterns that are close but not that have all the details.

Tar Heel, those are great looking stocks. Could I get the contact for the info for the guy that shaped those?

Thanks guys for all the leads. I've talked to several of them. I've been able to find patterns that are close but not that have all the details.

Tar Heel, those are great looking stocks. Could I get the contact for the info for the guy that shaped those?

I'll post up a PM for him tonight and see if I can get you his e-mail address. He doesn't have a web site to my knowledge but if he does I'll post it to the forum in case anyone wants to bookmark it.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back