Rifle soft case

mtmiller

I will probably get some grief, but I will throw it out there any way.

I am the worst for soft cases, both rifle and shotgun. I have one beat up case that gets rotated through all my guns. Recently I decided to upgrade and picked up a Cabelas Reserve Rifle case and it is "fine". I should probably pick up another one since I sometimes travel with multiple rifles when I am on the road for a bit.

Question, should I just get another Cabelas or any thoughts on LL Bean, Filson, Boyt or other. All of these are a little more, but is it worth the extra cost. I don't really like that the Cabelas won't fit my rifle with bipod attached. Not a deal breaker, but it would be convenient.

I have several Cabelas canvas cases and I especially like this one,
20200915_171211.jpg
It's deep enough to allow for scope and bipod!

For super good padding and protection I’ve really liked my MidwayUSA Pro-Series. It’s bulky but 2” of padding on each side. Bought one their Heavy Duty models and couldn’t think any less of it. The HD is like velcroing a rifle inside a cardboard box: little cushion/protection, And too much room inside so the rifle slips around too much.

Our abrasion-resistant Rugged Twill fabric gun case has a leather nose lining for added protection. It's fully lined with cotton flannel, to protect your firearm against scratches and wick moisture away to protect it from rusting. The solid brass zipper closure custom cut at Filson runs 3/4 of the length of the case, for full access into the interior. Bridle Leather accents and carrying strap add to the longevity of this protective hunting accessory.

....cry once.

That’s one I am looking at nhy. I wish it had a side pocket. Are you familiar with it?

I've been needing one that accommodates a bipod and scope as well.

I have this one for one of my shotguns. Field and Stream brand. Got it from Dicks. They also have a scoped rifle version. I have a similar one for another shotgun that is Gander Mountain branded, but those would be hard to find since they went belly up. For whatever reason, I like soft cases for my shotguns, but hard cases for my rifles.
1600211246897.jpeg

I really like my Nomar case, waterproof and it floats. Super easy to get a scoped rifle in and out of... not sure about a bipod.
1600213772457.png

I've got a Boyt for my O/U. It's rock solid. I like their gear.
Boyt was on back order for the one I wanted for O/U. LL Bean was having a sale, so I will be trying one of theirs. Still looking for rifle one, but might need to save a little. Then again, maybe not, Trump deducted my FICA for the rest of the year. :unsure:

I think I have 4 variations of the one Boomer posted above. 2 Boyts and 2 Cabelas, The Boyts hasve a pocket otherwise they are identical. The pockets don't get used much

Boyt makes them for other companies. Not sure about LL Bean, but their stuff usually holds up ok.

I really like my Nomar case, waterproof and it floats. Super easy to get a scoped rifle in and out of... not sure about a bipod.
View attachment 154036

This is what I use for a scabbard when using the horses. It'll take my rifle with bipod and I can still close it so it's protected from the elements. I also use it in the truck and it's great especially if you're trying to protect the gun from dog pee. ;)

Mt
Take a look at the bulldog extreme gun case. They come in 48 and 52” and are a very nice soft case. I run mine with a bipod on it in the case always.

This week I got this joker in the mail and took it to the range for the first time today. Very happy with it so far. Sturdy, plenty of room (but not sloppy) for my Savage 110 with a Vortex 4x16x44 on top. I love the Pelican case but dang that joker is heavy and cumbersome. I will say that I did not pay retail ;)

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back