PEAX Equipment

Rifle Rest Review

I've thought about getting something along those lines as sighting in 12ga slug guns isn't much fun. Only thing that's spooked me thus far is all the reports of broken stocks. Seems like when too much weight is added these types of rests are hard on wood stocks at the wrist...FYI...

Seems like when too much weight is added these types of rests are hard on wood stocks at the wrist...FYI...

Something's got to give if there is no movement and a fair amount of force! Cracking or splitting at the tang is another possibility. Wouldn't the POI be different from an immbolized rifle than from one being shot from your shoulder? (Recoil starts as soon as the bullet starts to move, right?) May not be enough to matter on a big game rifle?

without using the weight tray & felt like about half the usual recoil.

..pushed similar to a muzz brakle. I have read about damage from radical immobilizing.

I've used an old Caldwell Lead Sled a lot for testing reloads and sighting in rifles, so far I've never seen any damage to the gun stock, the recoil is greatly reduced but I think the rifle is still moving enough. I like the look of the front adjuster on this Shooter's Ridge model, plus it looks like it has more room for guns with a pistol grip style stock. The only problem I have is using the rest and starting to think I'm shooting pretty good, then switching to field conditions and reality comes back too quick.:(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back