Caribou Gear Tarp

rifle carrying set up and ultra light tarp.

Just learned of the gun bearer today after joining this forum and it looks awesome. I've been using a safari sling for the last decade but I want to try the gun bearer on more backpacking style hunts in the future. Never thought about carrying a tarp but I like that idea too. Thanks for a ll the great ideas.

I use the Kifaru gun bearer. For me it would twist my rifle upside down but that didn't bother me. I believe it was the stock on my particular gun that could have been the issue.

+1 kifaru gun bearer. I orient the scope facing down and it stays in place for me. The only issue I've ran into is if you have a rifle with cerakote and carrying it with the gun bearer and in my case a Mystery Ranch Metcalf, the hip strap will rub against the bolt and wear the cerakote off. Could not figure out for the life of me what was wrong with the cerakote on my bolt and then I figured it out.

+1 kifaru gun bearer. I orient the scope facing down and it stays in place for me. The only issue I've ran into is if you have a rifle with cerakote and carrying it with the gun bearer and in my case a Mystery Ranch Metcalf, the hip strap will rub against the bolt and wear the cerakote off. Could not figure out for the life of me what was wrong with the cerakote on my bolt and then I figured it out.

I wore the cerakote off my bolt with just a standard sling, there are downsides to cerakote...

Hi Brent
+1 for kifaru gun bearer. I find myself leaving the gunsling entirely

tarp: take a look

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back