Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

RidgeRunner and Kona Billfish tournament

AkBearHunter

RidgeRunner, what would it take to do one of these tournaments with say 4 members from this website? I know most of the tournaments are generally 2-4 days long and require an entry fee from $500 to $3000 plus other expenses. Maybe we could get something going for next year out of Kona or even Maui, whichever is easiest.

AK.. I'll check it out and see what we could do. Lots of different ways to do it also. Meaning with accomodation and all. I will put together a few ideas and we can build on it from there. I'll get the tournament schedule and get back to ya on it. Maybe we can keep this thread alive for the info and stuff. I'll be talking to the owner of the company this weekend and run some ideas past him. Another thing we could do with about 4 guys also is a hunt and fish package. The island of Lanai has some awesome Mouflon sheep, Axis deer, and upland bird hunting. The backside of Lanai is some of the best fishing in Maui so we could look at that also. With 4 guys we could stay right on the boat. fish in the morning hunt in the evening or something like that. I'll start looking into it.

There are 2 tourneys on Maui in Oct on Halloween that are a blast. They call it the mardi gra of the pacific. The whole town dresses up in costume and front street is one big party. Problem with Oct is that is some hunting times for some others in the west but what a blast. The tourneys on Kona are in the summer so that might be a better go.

I could do an October tournament since most of the hunting seasons are pretty much done up here by that time. I hate leaving Alaska in the summer, they are so short and there's so much more to do before winter hits us.........but i'd fish Kona anytime of the year!

Oct would be out for me... but If it wa sin the Early spring of something I might could be talked into it :)

I think a hunt/fish combo would be pretty cool. We could stay right on the boat and base it out of Lanai which has some good hunting and the fishing grounds are right there also. I have a friend looking into the hunt end of things now. Or a Kona tournament around the end of June or first week of July could work also. I 'll work on some numbers and see if we get any takers. Are you thinking this year or for next?? Cutting it a bit fine for this year but next year would be good.

No way I could do it this year, I've got a fly-in sheep and hunt and a fly-in float hunt for caribou coming up in August then off for moose in September. If we could line something up for next year before I start planning my hunts I would leave room for a trip back to Hawaii.

AK i'LL put some info together with a few options and see where it goes from there. Check here once and a while for some updated info. i'll be there in about 2 1/2 months so will get it cooking and see what pops.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back