Restaurants near Aurora

WildWill

The wife and I will be headed to Wyoming in about a month. We've decided to break the drive up into 2 days so we've booked a hotel room in Aurora for the first day of our drive. Looking for recommendations for restaurants within a 40 minute drive of the Radisson in Aurora.

indias restaurant on hampden is pretty good

get as much naan as you know you can't eat, and then you'll realize you ate all of it and hate yourself and you'll be so happy

also looks like there is a popeys pretty close to the radisson. that's where i'd be probably

Oh man Aurora has got some AMAZING food IMHO best in the metro area.

Havana St is the place to go, has a strip mall kinda feel but the eats are amazing.

Golden Saigon is my top pick, Vietnamese. Amazing
Seoul KbbQ - Korean BBQ, phenomenal
Sushi Katsu - great sushi, they do all you can eat
The Nile Ethiopian - super good
Katsu Ramen -also great
Couple good Pho places but I can't name them off the top of my head.
Decent Russian place
Pretty good Nepalese restaurant

If your willing to drive a bit
Star Kitchen - Killer Chinese food, it's the full menu not just general tso's chicken.

There's a number of ridiculously expense steak houses and the like if that's more your style... but I eat enough steak that I don't seek it out.

No idea what's open or not during covid. If it was me I'd do Golden Saigon pick up, that is our go to weekend spot.

colorado-mex isn't for everyone, and green chile is a contentious thing among western states, and everyone has their opinion

but, if you want what in my opinion is a great mexican restaurant and has great green chile, go to los dos potrillos on holly st. in centennial. should be only 20 minutes from the radisson i'd guess

Oh man Aurora has got some AMAZING food IMHO best in the metro area.

Havana St is the place to go, has a strip mall kinda feel but the eats are amazing.

Golden Saigon is my top pick, Vietnamese. Amazing
Seoul KbbQ - Korean BBQ, phenomenal
Sushi Katsu - great sushi, they do all you can eat
The Nile Ethiopian - super good
Katsu Ramen -also great
Couple good Pho places but I can't name them off the top of my head.
Decent Russian place
Pretty good Nepalese restaurant

If your willing to drive a bit
Star Kitchen - Killer Chinese food, it's the full menu not just general tso's chicken.

There's a number of ridiculously expense steak houses and the like if that's more your style... but I eat enough steak that I don't seek it out.

No idea what's open or not during covid. If it was me I'd do Golden Saigon pick up, that is our go to weekend spot.
Yeah, those are some great places. I don’t know if it is still around, but there was a great Vietnamese restaurant called Kimba’s. That place had some great food. I think they got bought out though.

Yeah, those are some great places. I don’t know if it is still around, but there was a great Vietnamese restaurant called Kimba’s. That place had some great food. I think they got bought out though.

Not sure... google gives the same address as the pacific ocean market, aside; that place is awesome if you ever need something obscure for a recipe they have it, plus an amazing fish selection. Probably the only place you can get jackfruit, eel, live tilapia, and 80 different kinds of noodles.

Plenty of good Mexican food around here and we regularly go to Dallas/Ft. Worth were we eat at the steakhouses (lonesome dove bistro in Ft. Worth is our favorite) so probably pass on those. And since I don't want to get the cold shoulder the whole night popeye's is out. She does love Indian and The Nile Ethiopia sounds interesting actually several of those sound interesting. I'll have to run some of these by the boss lady.

She does love Indian and The Nile Ethiopia sounds interesting actually several of those sound interesting. I'll have to run some of these by the boss lady.

India's Restaurant, pretty close to where you will be and is excellent. They used to be down by the movie old movie theater, been going there since I was a little kid.

I've been to 4-5 Ethiopian restaurants in the metro area, they all are pretty good, Queen of Sheba is probably the best but a little bet further north, one think to note some of them don't serve alcohol, Queen and Sheba and The Nile do, for instance pretty sure Megenagna does not.

It will not be tex mex in Colorado, you should find a spot and try some NM/Colorado style mexican food while on your trip.
Travel safe.

Native New Mexican. Mexican food in Denver is not like Mexican food in New Mexico. Very gringo down with no heat.

Did find a couple of hole in the wall cafes that had good Mexican food, but it was Mexico Mexican food. More like the food in San Antonio.

This is why I hesitated to bring up mexican food

anyone from SoCal will say New Mexico has crap mexican food, anyone from NorCal will say SoCal has crap mexican food, anyone from Texas will say anywhere else has crap mexican food, anyone from New Mexico will say Colorado has crap mexican food, anyone from Colorado will say SoCal has weird mexican as well as NorCal and anywhere else without Green Chile has crap mexican food. Anyone from Mexico will say everrything north of the border is crap mexican food.

Mexican food varies too much regionally for much of it to be compared. Therefore its generally wise for any opinion that is something of the sorts “I’m home from here and therefore where you’re from is not legit mexican food” should be disregarded. those opinions are generally just the product of someone growing up with a certain type and therefore have an affinity for it and when it varies from that it’s not what they’re used to and don’t like it

lots of good mexican food all across the west and southwest to be honest, and none of it is really the same

That was my point TOGIE, try a diffrent style. Not that it's better, just different.

That was my point TOGIE, try a diffrent style. Not that it's better, just different.

I know, I just feared we were gonna head down that route

probably cause I have this argument too often with my college friends so I just assumed it was coming

Consider checking out Stanley Marketplace (stanleymarketplace.com). It has a variety of really good restaurants, beer and brewery options, even ice cream, and fantastic western view of the sunset. Have a great time out there!

@wllm1313 has that are on lock. I haven’t found many places out that are better than my wife cooking up my game meat but have an amazing wings joint (CD’s Wings) and vegan restaurant (urban beats) in Arvada. Don’t judge me for going to a vegan restaurant, it scores me points with the Mrs. and it tastes really good.

Back