Response on Land Transfer from CA Congressman

WBouldin

So I sent my representative (CA - Orange County) an email that was a slight modification of what BHA put out and here was his response. Pretty neat to be a part of the process.

Dear William,

Thank you for contacting me to express your support for maintaining federally owned public lands. It is good to hear from you.

I understand your concern. Federal lands have been an important part of our history, adding to the strength and stature of our nation. While the federal government owns roughly 640 million acres, since 1990 federal land ownership has declined by 23.5 million acres. This is attributable to BLM land disposals in Alaska, and reductions in Department of Defense property. Numerous issues affecting federal lands are before Congress, including priority of maintenance versus new acquisitions, the best balance between use and protection, and the needs of localities and states.

The House Subcommittee on Federal Lands is primarily responsible for matters related to public lands. Its current focus is to expand and protect opportunities for all Americans to enjoy our public lands. It is working to ensure that we use our resources wisely so we can leave public land in even better shape for future generations of Americans. Should legislation addressing public lands come before the House, I will keep your thoughts in mind.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. I appreciate having the benefit of your views.

Sincerely,

EDWARD R. ROYCE

Mr Royce sounds like a Republican who understands the importance of public lands...a rare breed these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back