Rent, borrow or sell me some paddlefish snagging gear?

BenInMT

I got drawn for upper Missouri paddlefish- results are out FYI. Wondering if anyone wants tor rent me their gear that is collecting dust. I have done it before and it’s definitely not something I want to do often enough to commit to buying a snagging setup and though I like surf fishing I just can’t seem to find a crossover rod that I think would be ideal for both. I would be happy to pay a reasonable price and put new line on reels and hopefully give you some caviar which is what I am really excited about trying to process. Got drawn as a party and I am hoping to cobble together more than 1 rod/reel combo.

Keep your eye open at walmart. I've seen they have sold rod/reel combos for like 50 bucks in the past. They will work just fine. After season is another time to watch, as I've picked up rod/reel combos for 25-30 bucks as well.

Ya what golfer said, look at pawn shops. A 7 foot catfish rod and 80 lb braid has landed me 100 fish I. A year.

This^^^
Stay away from surf rods. 7-8’ is plenty.
I made the mistake of listening to all the long rod talk. It beat the hell out of me. Dropped down to an 8’ med/heavy catfish rod and 80’ braid. Going again this year..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back