Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Remington Settlement

I wonder if Remington will reimburse Remington owners for Timney triggers they had installed? I have an early model 700 that I had 2 accidental discharges with, and put a Timney in it. I also have an unmodified model 660 that I don't want another Remington trigger replacement. They suck.

I wonder if Remington will reimburse Remington owners for Timney triggers they had installed? I have an early model 700 that I had 2 accidental discharges with, and put a Timney in it. I also have an unmodified model 660 that I don't want another Remington trigger replacement. They suck.

If you read the tentative settlement, you will see exactly what they say they will cover, including people that already changed out original triggers in certain Remington products. However, it doesn't say anything other than if you replaced a Walker with the XMark Pro, so you are probably out of luck. This is the way they have handled a serious situation and will not spend nearly the millions of dollars it would have cost them if they had issued a recall.

Last edited:
I wonder if Remington will reimburse Remington owners for Timney triggers they had installed?

Nope. According to the settlement the only people who will be reimbursed are the ones that had x Mark triggers installed. It's the cheapest solution for Remington. They have to know there is a limited number of owners that changed from the Walker to the X Mark and they will only have to pay for the labor and materials to produce and install X Marks in the additional guns added to the suit. Don't forget about those of us who can get a $10 Remington gift card just for owning a 721. That and 40 bucks might get me something I can use.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back