Remington Pump Guns

My uncle has a mid 70' 760 in 30-06. Thing's killed more deer than CWD. Still haven't convinced him to sell it to me. The ol "Amish machine gun" used to be THE deer rifle to have around these parts.

My uncle has a mid 70' 760 in 30-06. Thing's killed more deer than CWD. Still haven't convinced him to sell it to me. The ol "Amish machine gun" used to be THE deer rifle to have around these parts.
I've got a 7600 that I love. It could really use a new barrel though, and all the options I've found are quite expensive...

My 760 takes me back to simpler times, as it was my wife’s granddad’s. He and I were hunting buddies for several years until his health wouldn’t allow it any longer. I semi-inherited it from him, but had to refinish the stock since it had what appeared to be varnish that was peeling badly when I got it. Several things about it are still rough, but I’m ok with that. I carry it into the woods several times each season, but the last deer that I killed with it was in 2014, and I’ve put a different (Luepold) scope on it now than what is seen in the picture. Pure nostalgia

Attachments

• 4FCFCAD6-F2BA-4158-8DA4-00E803D1550D.jpeg
    4FCFCAD6-F2BA-4158-8DA4-00E803D1550D.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
My grandfather has a collection of 760's and 7600's from over the years including some oddball custom orders from Grice's gun shop in Clearfield, PA. I know he's got a .223, 6mm, 7mm-08, 35 Rem, and several 30-06s in various lengths. I have a Remington Model 6 in 30-06 I got from my dad that has killed a few deer.

Mine is VERY accurate with my handloads as well. Not super satisfied with the 168 grain Nosler green tips performance but they kill the deer and they are/were affordable and they shoot good out of this gun. My old mans is laser accurate with cor-lok 180's. Go figure.

Last edited:
The first brand new gun i ever bought was a 7600, chambered in .243. Killed a bunch of deer and coyotes with that gun. If i could go back in time, I'd of never sold that gun.

July 4th RMEF Monday Gun Day drawing, I am drooling over the fact that I could win that 7600 30-06 and on July 5th I'll pout when I didn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back