Remington Model 7 Scope Base Question

aws1963

I will be mounting a VX3i 3.5x10x40 on my Model 7 Stainless in 7mm-08. I am looking for input and comments on the 1 piece base vs. the two piece base. I prefer the looks of the 2 piece, but with this being the older 3 hole (2 front, 1 rear) I am thinking 1 piece would be more stable. Anyone had issues with the 2 piece bases on this or any other similar platform? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have the same rifle. Mine has a 1 piece leupold base with low rings and a 2.5-8x36 Vx3 on top. It sits nice and low, you may need medium rings with a 40mm scope. I have had no issues with my setup. It's one of my favorite rifles.

Newer Model 7's have 4 holes. For my Model 7 FS in 7mm-08, (or 284 Hunt Talk), I have a Leupold 1 piece base. I think it works better for the 3 hole situation. My rifle, like yours, has only the 3 holes. While I have many other options, this is my go-to rifle for most hunts! Mine is also topped with a Leupold VX3 2.5-8 with low rings.

Thanks folks. I like the look of the 2 piece, but logic tells me that a 1 piece would be better. I'm hunting here in Northern California (yes we can still hunt here) and shots can range from 40yds to 300yds. Thus the 3.5x10x40 scope. I have always hunted with a .300 WinMag, so I'm looking forward to a lighter weight set up. Thanks again for the comments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back