Caribou Gear

Remington 700 Mountain SS

Gotcha...and I agree with you on the A7 being a better choice at that price point.

I keep looking for these QC and accuracy problems that the new Remingtons are suppose to have, but I haven't found them. I had a chance to buy that Mountain rifle on sale, but waited too long and they were sold out. I love the B&C stocks. The grip is just the right size and the recoil pad is awesome.

Buy it.

I'm still kinda gun shy, pun intended, when it comes to Remington products. Some of their failures were pretty scary. Maybe it was all media hype. Im sure others will chime in

I feel you mine cost me a breaks bull tag last year pretty much after two misfires while taking safety off on bulls. Put a timney trigger in it hopefully that cures the issue. Shoots great had it 10 years.

i have owned numerous model 700's and the first thing i did was replace the trigger's. Not just due to the recall, but for a little more than $100 you can get a better trigger in my opinion.
Regarding the bergara b14- I bought one awhile ago and it is a definite shooter, and feels close to the remmy 700.

Bergara baby.

I saw some A7 stainless rough Tec’s at sportsman’s warehouse the other day for $699 in .270 or .30-06. Can’t beat that.

Bergara is coming hard!!!!

Easy to win the accuracy game with ed shilen on your team

Bergara baby.

I saw some A7 stainless rough Tec’s at sportsman’s warehouse the other day for $699 in .270 or .30-06. Can’t beat that.

Bergara is coming hard!!!!

Easy to win the accuracy game with ed shilen on your team

Last edited:
You can get a timney replacement for like $140. But I wouldn't let the remington trigger bother me. I'm not saying all of the trigger issues were due to tinkering, but I bet a lot of them were.

I would stay away from any new Remington. I’ve heard great things about Bergara. I got my first Tikka this year and it’s the only rifle I’ve carried since I brought it home.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back