Reloading supply sources

I know it gets trashed a lot (and I have trashed a few cases upon opening a bag) but I use Winchester brass since it is the only somewhat consistently available source for 270 WSM. I don't have any issue turning out loads under 1 MOA with it which is fine for the ranges I hunt at.
Regarding their brass quality [or lack thereof] any clue as to how many loaded rounds of .270Win ammo that Winchester makes? There has to be a point that any extra quality isn't justified by the cost when you make hat is likely to be considered a single use item. For any premium line of ammo they just buy better bullets from the bullet makers like Barnes, Berger, etc.

Prvi Partizan aka PPU brass is of Serbian origin and spoken well of. Economical too.

Muley, I know you‘re a fan of Hammer bullets, and these are what I was planning to reload. Is there any manufacturers load data you prefer? I messaged the guys at Hammer, and they told me that any manufacturers data for like weight bullets will do. They also mention that Nosler load data tends to run a bit hotter than others and that they look at Hodgdon data a lot.

Just curious whose data you refer to, if you don’t mind me asking.
I look at Nosler. I also look at the specific powder manufacturer data. There is also a good amount of data on the Hammer site. What cartridge(s) are you loading? mtmuley

I look at Nosler. I also look at the specific powder manufacturer data. There is also a good amount of data on the Hammer site. What cartridge(s) are you loading? mtmuley

.270 Winchester and 6.5 CM for rifle. .41, .44, and .357 mag for pistol.

.270 Winchester and 6.5 CM for rifle. .41, .44, and .357 mag for pistol.
So far Hammer doesn't make any pistol bullets. I've loaded the 117 Hunter in my .270. Still working on that bullet in that rifle. Hammers do like speed though. mtmuley

For reloading data, one of the most convenient sources is http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/data/pistol. Most of the pistol powders that I use come from Hodgdon. I used to buy reloading supplies at gun shows, but haven't seen any lately. For hunting, I use Barnes solid copper bullets. For most everything else I use Hornady XTP. I might very well use no name bullets for plinking. I'm thinking of something like a 210 Gr hard cast bullet over Unique with a large pistol magnum primer. I used to load hundreds of rounds at a time like that for just going out to shoot. I have a local Scheels that I can normally buy reloading supplies from. If I have to mail order supplies I usually use MidwayUSA or Natchez Shooters Supply. I placed some stock notifications at MidwayUSA recently and was able to purchase several different powders when they came in. I had to act fast as they were out of stock shortly after I placed my orders. I would prefer not to pay the Hazmat charges, but there's not much choice right now.

Anybody know where a guy might be able to find some large rifle primers? I'd even pay hazmat to have it shipped at this point.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back