Region W unit 82

Rooster52

Is this Wyoming unit worth applying for ? I will be there in archery season hunting elk and thinking of applying for deer,but have been told the winter of 2008 took a big toll on the deer in that area. Are the deer herd rebounding there ?

Last edited:
Deer are starting to rebound slightly throughout south central Wyoming. The area shouldn't be too bad during September, but becomes a zoo during the rifle season, I tend to avoid it. It is known as a deer factory, but don't be surprised by lots of company.

If I do not apply I will not draw a tag and I would probably see the biggest buck I have ever seen standing at 15 yards .So I guess I better try.

I always got the deer tag for the unit I elk hunt.I don't see very many deer but 3 years back a very big 5x5 was standing along the road about 200 yards from camp one day.Drove passed him on my way back from making a cell call and went back to try a stalk but he vanished.Buy the tag if you have the money;you just never know

That's true for my area.My chance was in archery season.The seasons use to run together for a week of rifle but they don't anymore

Rooster,

You might try the biologist down there, but If I remember correctly I think alot of the deer that winter in 82 are coming from CO, and might not be there during archery season.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back