Caribou Gear Tarp

Regarding the Bristol, Connecticut Shooting.

I own 9 guns made in my home state of Connecticut. 3 Winchesters, 3 Colts, 1 Charter Arms, a Marlin model 39. and a Ruger Single 6.

I have toured the Colt factory and the Winchester Museum. All of us who lived there, hunted, used firearms had a deep sense of state pride.

That has so changed since the Sandy Hook Shooting, 2,032 other school shootings since 1970, 27 in 2022 so far and now the deliberate ambush of three police officers. Two were killed and one wounded when 80 shots were fired with an AR 15 clone.

I called my cousins there to offer my condolences. Their community and Police Departments across America will never be the same again.

One cousin is 82, the oldest in my hunting family that has spanned 4 generations. There is still pride that Colt makes rifles for our servicemen. But also there is shame about how the AR-15 and it’s clones, a design native to Connecticut, have done irreparable damage to America in the hands of madmen.

Assault rifles, including AR’s and their clones have been banned there since 2013, a year after Sandy Hook, my old swimming hole on the Housatonic River.

The madmen in America are fully armed. Feeling the deepest sadness about this is totally appropriate.
Those rifles have never killed anyone, but those behind the trigger sure have. Don’t blame the rifle for the choices it’s owner makes.

Halloween idea… hang your life sized Jim Zimbo wall poster out front, illuminated with a black light.

Halloween idea… hang your life sized Jim Zimbo wall poster out front, illuminated with a black light.
Funny story. While in the Tyler, TX Half Priced Bookstore one day I stumbled across one of Zimbo’s books on hunting elk. I pulled the book off the shelf and opened it, it was signed by Zimbo with a little note to someone. I offered the store half of what they wanted and now I own that book, I should read it some day.

Regarding Henry

Attachments

• 0DB90564-8CE2-4A4C-8792-AAF34A4C598C.jpeg
    0DB90564-8CE2-4A4C-8792-AAF34A4C598C.jpeg
    382.3 KB · Views: 4
Probably be best if none made the news. I suspect one of the major reason's for them is the coverage they get on the news. Shoot up a school and everyone in the country knows who you are!
When I agree with you it’s wholeheartedly.

Back