Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Recreational Trails Program

The difference is that recreational riders think in terms of speed, obstacles, and adrenaline rushes. The "new group" of hunters, fishermen, etc. think in terms of getting safely from point 'A' to point 'B' at a reasonable pace, with minimum disturbance. Or at least they should, unless they're really just doing it for the ride, in which case they really belong to the previous group, don't they?

Nice job of "catagorizing" people DG. Many of the first group are in the "new" group. Nice to see they can be labeled otherwise. :(

Hopefully #1 of this section will help eliminate the riders who "think in terms of speed, obstacles, and adrenaline rushes (in Washington.)

Sec. 4. RCW 46.09.130 and 2003 c 53 s 233 are each amended to read as
follows:
(1) No person may operate a nonhighway vehicle in such a way as to endanger
human life.
(2) No person shall operate a nonhighway vehicle in such a way as to run
down or harass any wildlife or animal, nor carry, transport, or convey any
loaded weapon in or upon, nor hunt from, any nonhighway vehicle except by permit
issued by the director of fish and wildlife under RCW 77.32.237: PROVIDED, That
it shall not be unlawful to carry, transport, or convey a loaded pistol in or
upon a nonhighway vehicle if the person complies with the terms and conditions
of chapter 9.41 RCW.
(3) {+ For the purposes of this section, "hunt" means any effort to kill,
injure, capture, or purposely disturb a wild animal or bird.
(4) +} Violation of this section is a gross misdemeanor.
I don't think roads and trails on public lands should be used as a race track.

Yeah, OK, I generalized. My point is that people who ride for the sake of riding will (should) want a different kind of facilities than those who use the ORV's for other purposes (hunting, fishing, sightseeing). The article made the distinction, NOT me. Why do you think they took the time to point this out?

I doubt to say adrenaline junkies were paying the bills. I think it was more to say that those who ride for hunting, fishing.... weren't differentiated from anyone else.

Money well spent no matter the source.

Good News
Tue March 09, 2004 8:44 AM (NEW!)

As you know, ARRA has been following the debate in Congress on the Transportation Equity Act. This act distributes funds from the federal gasoline tax to various programs, including the Recreational Trails Program (RTP). A few weeks ago, ARRA reported that the Senate was about to vote on this bill. We asked for help and you responded—and so did the U.S. Senate! By a vote of 76-21, the Senate passed its version of the surface transportation reauthorization bill (S. 1072), which includes an increase from $50 million to $60 million in annual funding for RTP. Thanks for your efforts in writing to your Senators!

dipping sticks in tanks to check their color?
dgibson, the best places for the stick dippers is at the local auction barn .Seems they can find a lot of diesel trucks in one place there.

They can dip their sticks a lot.

I wonder if they clean their stick after they dip, or do they just dip a dirty stick in someone elses tank ? Double stick dipping should not be allowed .
I have by accident put dyed fuel in my pickup at work and then wondered how long it would take before all traces of the dye were gone :(
I didn't hit any livestock auctions for a while. ;)

Back