Caribou Gear Tarp

Recommendations for Bison ranch hunt??

MaxPower

I've been applying myself and my wife for Bison here in Wyoming, and so far we're both 0-10. I've also been building points for Bison in Utah. I'm not going to stop applying, but would like to go out and shoot a cow on a ranch somewhere for the hide and meat. I've watched 3 different buddies draw (in less time applying) and harvest wild bison and I'm really wanting to harvest one - even if it is a free range animal.

If any of you have ranches you've hunted or would recommend please let me know. Thanks!

My uncle has went here a few times, said it was ok but it didn't sound like much of a hunt more like a shoot. They are all out in the pasture and they don't do much with them. A good place to look anyway
Crazy Woman Bison Ranch -
Thanks Red. I agree, it'll be shooting a free range bovine rather than hunting wild bison. But until I can draw a tag, this will have to do.

Last edited:
I was looking online yesterday about bison hunts in Wyoming, 2 ranches are sold out for 2021. You need to get on it soon. Maybe look into SD or Colorado.
pm sent

You can hunt Wood Bison up here ( after this virus thing is handled ) and they are even a bit larger than the ones in the States. Actually approx 20% larger. The hunt can be tough, as they tend to move constantly and quickly. But the real work starts after their down, huge animals. The meat is excellent and I am always tempted to purchase and hunt them with a gun like Brent uses, but I have not.

Reactions: Guy
Another option for you would be looking into reservation hunts. There are plenty of tribes that have bison hunts. Often they are in the same price range as other private ranches.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back