Caribou Gear Tarp

Recommendations for applying with 0 or 1 point for elk

yea I think we may build up elk points in WY & AZ and mule deer points in CO. I feel like for 22 and 23, either going with cow tags or OTC in Colorado or Idaho if we time it right may be the way we go
If you’re truly set on your state. Take a trip and do early scouting.
Look for old rubs-and fall season sign.
Those critters travel seasonally or under pressure.

Stay away from CO, no tags to be had here. j/k :)
you can easily hunt CO with 0pp.
besides OTC option for Rifle 2nd /3rd seasons. there are ton of units where you can draw for 1st or 4th rifle with 0points.
heck, in 2020 i accrued a PP as my 1st choice, drew Bull tag as my 2nd choice for 1st rifle. and then in 2nd Draw i also got a Cow tag from a unit that historically always goes into leftover. it was a great season and i filled both Elk tags.
Opportunity/Choices are there for all of you to have 2 tags each if you want and still hunt all together. it will be crowded, you'll have to work for it, but it's very doable.
Good luck.

Stay away from CO, no tags to be had here. j/k :)
you can easily hunt CO with 0pp.
besides OTC option for Rifle 2nd /3rd seasons. there are ton of units where you can draw for 1st or 4th rifle with 0points.
heck, in 2020 i accrued a PP as my 1st choice, drew Bull tag as my 2nd choice for 1st rifle. and then in 2nd Draw i also got a Cow tag from a unit that historically always goes into leftover. it was a great season and i filled both Elk tags.
Opportunity/Choices are there for all of you to have 2 tags each if you want and still hunt all together. it will be crowded, you'll have to work for it, but it's very doable.
Good luck.
You need a hunting partner BrokenChicken? 🤣

You need a hunting partner BrokenChicken? 🤣
haha, there are definitely hunts when my 2 current hunting partners can't make and i go in on my own.
Archery in 10 days, will be my SOLO and first time Archery hunt actually.
you got any good secret OTC Elk spots??? :)

Unfortunately I don't have any secret OTC spots, not yet anyway. Covid and a new baby will keep me at home this year. Hopefully next Fall I'll make my first DIY elk trip out west. Good luck in archery.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Debbry64
Back