Caribou Gear Tarp

Recap of arizona hunt

Man I got excited thinking, "HOW DID I MISS THIS??". . . . BOO lol
Sorry. I had a lot going on before and during the hunt and not very good service.
It was tough hunting that we expected. I chased the coues all week so was mostly solo. While the rest in the group were chasing muley. They seen 100s of deer and some real bruisers. There was 2 misses on the week at great bucks, which I can tell you is seriously heartbreaking after so many failed stalks. If you get a shot you better make the best of it. One was a clean miss. The other hit an Ocotillo branch which flung the arrow sideways and slapped a spike right on the hindquarter. We couldn't help but laugh no deer were injured during this show.

I definitely miss not being there this year. Last year sank its hooks in me. I plan on doing that AZ hunt every year I can. It just didn't work out this year with having foot surgery in early December. Nice javelina!

I definitely miss not being there this year. Last year sank its hooks in me. I plan on doing that AZ hunt every year I can. It just didn't work out this year with having foot surgery in early December. Nice javelina!
I wondered if u headed down there again. Its a great hunt especially for the cost. I cant decide if I despise coues deer or just more determined to harvest one after this year. They are tough with the bow in spot and stalk situations. If I focus on them again next time I feel like the wife and I will be going on a vacation to scout rub lines and scrape lines to treestand hunt them. It got old coming back to camp every night and hearing the great muley stories and all I had to say about my day is hunting ghosts is hard. Lol

Well I decided to head back to Arizona on Thursday morning to let the coues evade me again for the last 3 days of the January season. Going to a new spot that I've never been a little farther north to shave a few hours off my drive time. Calling for some snow, don't know if that is good or bad, but it should be fun.

Well I decided to head back to Arizona on Thursday morning to let the coues evade me again for the last 3 days of the January season. Going to a new spot that I've never been a little farther north to shave a few hours off my drive time. Calling for some snow, don't know if that is good or bad, but it should be fun.
It’s cold by our standards. I’m going out tomorrow and probably Friday, but think I’ll stay lower in mule deer country and try not to freeze. Good luck!

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back