Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

reasonably priced gun case that is over 54" long for my suppressed 300 RUM ?

cheeser

I just recently suppressed my 300 RUM. Is there any reasonably priced gun cases over 54" long in which I can place my Remington 700 300 RUM with the suppressor on? I haven't found anything that long that isn't in the 300.00 range. Was hoping someone makes a little more inexpensive case. Yes, let the haters call me cheap. I have looked all over on the interweb, a camera case maybe my best option. Hopefully, someone else has a solution.

Longer cases like that will tend to be more expensive. Harbor Freight has a online coupon right now till the end of the first week of January for a long double hard side case, like a pelican.

Is taking the can off not an option?

Look at a vault double case. Made by Pelican. Its 53 but you should be able to out gun across at angle and it should fit. They are great cases.

Or you could take the suppressor off. Makes gun to long for hunting............... Clearly.

I am new to the suppressor game, IDK if the zero changes when taking the can off/on maybe others can tell me that as well? My gut tells me i should not take it off/on if not needed.

Longer cases like that will tend to be more expensive. Harbor Freight has a online coupon right now till the end of the first week of January for a long double hard side case, like a pelican.

Is taking the can off not an option?
thank you I did more research and spoke to my gunsmith, taking the can off/on should not change my zero. also I will be going to harbor freight and getting case you mentioned thank you both, problem solved.

Next time you go to the range I would still confirm for yourself that you don't have any issues with your zero shifting when removing and remounting. Most quality suppressors have little to no decernable shift, but it's personally something I would check for myself.

Next time you go to the range I would still confirm for yourself that you don't have any issues with your zero shifting when removing and remounting. Most quality suppressors have little to no decernable shift, but it's personally something I would check for myself.
i had planned on that as well, i just didnt want to have to check it everytime i took it out either. if i am using it for serious hunt i will be checking anyway. thanks

Taking it on and off should not change anything. Ive heard of guys having issues with some of the ratcheting mounts but it should be extremely repeatable if it’s a threaded model

I am new to the suppressor game, IDK if the zero changes when taking the can off/on maybe others can tell me that as well? My gut tells me i should not take it off/on if not needed.
I take mine on and off without any point of aim issues.

thank you I did more research and spoke to my gunsmith, taking the can off/on should not change my zero. also I will be going to harbor freight and getting case you mentioned thank you both, problem solved.
I also have that habor freight case. Its the smaller size for camera gear. It is great! I imagine most these hard cases beside a few brands are made in the same factory with different stickers haha

^ is the one i use for suppressed rifles when not flying. Probably just a cun+ hair short for you though.

Edit: forgot, i have this one too which is longer. works fine. More pockets and stuff than i need though. Not sure when they'll be back in stock but they used to come in/out of stock frequently.

Last edited:

Screenshot-2023-01-25-104209.png

You may not beable to roll it for a waterproof seal.

Back